Building Works and Renovations
Prior to carrying out any building or renovation works:
- Contact the Building Manager to ascertain if the approval from the Owners Corporation is required. Consent must be obtained prior to carrying out works. Owners who carry out works without approval could be made liable for rectification works for returning the area to its original state.
- Find out where service lines and pipes are located.
- Advise the Building Manager if the proposed works will interfere or interrupt services.
- Provide the Building Manager with at least 14 days notice prior to starting any works.
When carrying out works you must;
- Only used qualified, reputable and where appropriate licensed contractors approved by the Owners Corporation.
- Carry out works in a proper manner and to the reasonable satisfaction of the Owners Corporation.
- Repair any damage caused to the common property or the property of another owner or occupier.
- Ensure hammering or the operation of power tools to the walls, ceilings or floors of a lot within common areas does not occur any Sunday, public holiday or outside the following hours:
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday 8:30am to 5:30pm